How to go Sagada from Baguio City / Commuting from Baguio City to Sagada

Sagada is a beautiful place as I'm sure you've heard of by now. From Baguio City, you can reach Sagada by riding the GL buses that are stationed at its bus terminal behind Centermall at Magsaysay Avenue. The great thing about the GL Lizardo buses that travel to Sagada and back to Baguio is that they are direct trips and their bus terminals are at the hearts of both Sagada and Baguio. This means that when you reach Sagada and board out the bus, you can gain easy access to restaurants, inns and just about any service you need in going about your adventure. When I first went to Sagada in February of 2016, the fare was just around 250 pesos. You'll need to be early in purchasing your tickets for there are a lot of people travelling as well. There are no reservations for tickets so ticket purchase is on a first come first serve basis. The first trip going to Sagada is at 6 am and the last trip is at 1 pm. It isn't advisable to wait on the 1 pm trip for there are really a lot of people trying to catch a ride and usually, the 1 pm trips are packed with belongings. It is mostly the most uncomfortable schedule among all.



When I was first invited by friends to visit Sagada, I must admit I was really not that interested. I thought Sagada didn't offer anything that would uplift my mood and spirit. I was completely wrong. Going around Sagada and just experiencing things I don't get to do in Baguio renewed a sense of freedom and freshness in me. We trekked, hiked, went caving (I don't know if those are the right words, I mean travelling through the cave), ate, and did so much things there that my heart and mind just let go of the things that stressed me back in Baguio. Sagada is a cool place to visit. I encourage you all to go as well. Go, I tell you. All is worth it.


Sumaguing Cave

Sagada Sumaguing cave entrance / exit with hanging coffins secured on rocks


Sagada Sumaguing cave rock formation with cool clear water running through


Caving in Sagada.

Years before, exploring the Sagada cave only took about 1 to 2 hours but because of the influx of hundreds of tourists, the whole activity now takes about 4 to 5 hours because everybody has to wait their turn go up and down the rocks, climb up ropes and go through narrow spaces. Picture taking also takes much time but I bet you'll never mind it. The whole process of travelling through the cave is so exciting you'll forget time.

Sagada Sumaguing cave's entrance or exit, depending on where you choose to start the trek.


Mount Kiltepan Sunrise



This was taken in February 2016 and it was unfortunate that the weather wasn't so good. We weren't able to see the sunrise during this time. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to commute from Baguio to Paradiso Resort Aringay La Union

Lazada delivery to Baguio